The police captain ran away from Belarus
10:39, — Politics
An officer told how elections in Belarus have been falsified and who wanted to lure his brother into a trap.
As "Narodnaya Volya" writes, it is possible that the escape of Sergei Makar, officer of Oktyabrsky police department in Grodno, will be known to his superiors only from newspapers. At first, this policeman served in SWAT, then – in a district department for about 15 years. But in the end he had to disappear abroad.
Here is what Sergei Makar told to the newspaper:
- My brother Igor served in “Almaz” squad. Just right after the elections of 2006 he had to hide to save his life. The thing is that he didn’t execute orders of minister Naumov to compromise Alyaksandr Kazulin as a candidate for presidency.
After that, Igor learned that people under his command received orders, concerning him. It could also mean a banal murder.
At least, Igor former subordinates were told that executing this order will be a true challenge for them. And they were so heavily indoctrinated that only one phoned Igor in the last moment and shouted “Don’t go there where you are awaited!” Perhaps, thanks to it Igor is alive today.
A KGB officer was offering me to invite Igor to the country under any excuse. They were counting to lure him into a trap with my help.
Naturally, I categorically refused. Then I was promised to have problems on my job. They did not take long.
According to Sergei Makar, one day even his wife Olga was brought to the police office. For several hours they were mocking her and threatening her baby.
What else told Sergei Makar
- - Little by little the police stopped to function in a usual way and switched to political spying to serve the regime. In my Oktyabrsky district a data base has been created that contained information about 79 persons, who are not loyal to the authorities. Their age is from 14 to 45 years. These are people who were previously noted on opposition events. Before any other events they should be visited, they should give a receipt that they are warned and they won’t go to this or that event.
- - It is clear that after the explosion in Minsk metro everyone was talking about it. And, personally, I don’t know a policeman who believed that executed Kovalev and Konovalov were guilty.
- - I was mobilized in presidential elections in 2006 and 2010. In 2006 I was on a closed polling station on a military base. On the first day of the early voting soldiers were marching in a column with their bulletins already filled in. They were throwing them to the urn and then signing for them in a journal.
- - In 2010 I was working on a polling station in a trade college. The students there were voting according to the schedule, in order to let them go to the weekend. The urn with bulletins has been taken for every night in a separate room.
- But there was also a smaller urn which has been taken to people with disabilities. No one from those, to whom we were coming, wanted to vote for Lukashenko. People were saying: “No, it’s enough!” They were outraged, they were saying that it has become only worse.
- But so happened, that in that area lived many visually handicapped people. The members of the commission were filling the bulletins for them and, without paying attention to their requests, were putting a tick for Lukashenko.
Sergei Makar is abroad for two days already. According to "Narodnaya Wolya", the captain of Belorussian police asked for a political refuge in Sweden. He declared that he is forced to leave the Homeland for security reasons.
Write your comment (190)
- Lieutenant Colonel Kazlou: “Police is not required to prevent electoral fraud”
- Police Lieutenant Colonel Mikalai Kazlou: “I am ready to give evidence”
- Sensational confession of police lieutenant colonel: How election results are rigged in Belarus