The resources, which are still at the disposal of the Minsk tractor plant, will enable the company to operate for no more than two days – January 21 and 22, BelaPAN was told by MTP press-secretary Vadim Bitsan. According to him, the enterprise encountered serious difficulty after the authorities opened lawsuit against their director general Mikhail Leonov and placed him under arrest. The suppliers of spare parts reacted negatively to this news, as well as to the information that some other MTP’s representatives may soon be taken into custody too.
Bitsan adds that in the end of last week Turkmenistan refused to transfer the funds under the already signed contract for the shipment of 1,000 tractors. MTP was told that the money would arrive not until the commodity reaches its destination.
Last week, due to the absence of materials, MTP halted its operation on January 17 and 18, reported the press-secretary. ”The plant had never before worked like that,” – said Bitsan. He noted that the company’s leadership addressed the city authorities, the Ministry of industry and the government, but to no avail.
At present, they keep collecting signatures at the plant against Leonov’s arrest.