Minsk bread-baking plant’s workers demand dealing with lawlessness79
- 27.06.2013, 11:01
An open letter came to charter97.org’s editorial office from the employees of Minsk bread-baking plant number 1.
“We are appealing to you with a request to deal with the lawlessness that has been going on at our enterprise for several years. But we have recently run out of patience. We are asking to hold the managers of our enterprise responsible, and also conduct a thorough investigation of the irresponsible management, squandering of state property and inhumane treatment of workers. In every way possible the management violates all possible sanitary code norms and does not fulfill their obligations, prescribed by the labour legislation”, — the workers wrote.
Further they state the facts:
1. Sanitary norms have been violated on the temperature regime in the baking workshop. In particular, the temperature does not go below 60 Celsius, when working with ovens, which violates the legislative act SanPiN 9-80 RB 98;
2. The potable water machine is not working – the violation of the resolution of the Healthcare Ministry of 24 August 2012 number 130, in particular the paragraph 23 of the chapter 3;
3. The air conditioner, installed in the workshop over 2 years ago, still does not function – the violation of the resolution of the Healthcare Ministry of 24 August 2012 number 130, in particular the paragraphs 53, 58, 59, 64 of the chapter 4.
4. Overtime work is not additionally paid, neither is the work on state holidays and weekends – the violation of the article 69 of the Labour Code of the Republic of Belarus;
5. Night and day shifts are paid for equally;
6. The year’s 13th salary has not been paid this year – the violation of the article 63 of the Labour Code of the Republic of Belarus;
7. It has become a usual practice that packaging is absent during second and night shift, hence bread has to be put on the floor;
8. The staff is overblown. For example out of the plant’s 521 employees 14 are accountants. At the current moment the enterprise’s debt is 4 182 450 903 Belarusian roubles.
“This all seems strange. The impression is that they intentionally ruin the plant, squeezing the last juices out of the once highly productive enterprise. We, the employees of the enterprise, live and work in the lack of knowledge. We are asking to carry out a thorough inspection and take respective measures, since all our legitimate rights have been violated and keep being violated, and the management refuses to have a dialogue”, — the enterprise’s employees report.
The management of Minsk bread-baking plant number 1 refused to comment on the situation for the charter97.org web-site.