Lukashenka should have been removed from power long ago.
People’s Deputy of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Ihor Huz said this to the website Charter97.org, commenting upon the results of the presidential election in Ukraine:
- Electing Volodymyr Zelenskiy as a President showed that the people in Ukraine want changes. He was elected as a counterpart to Petro Poroshenko. For Ukrainians, Zelenskiy represents hope.
- Besides, Volodymyr Zelenskiy, commenting on the result of the National exit poll yesterday, said the following: “As a citizen of Ukraine, I can say to the countries of the former USSR - look at us - everything is possible.” What do you think his words mean?
- I think that his appeal was directed to Russia and Belarus in the first place. Within the 25 years after the collapse of the USSR, the change of power took place in practically all countries. In Belarus, the dictator is still ruling. I think you can take the words of Volodymyr Zelenskiy as a direct message to you.
- Belarusians took a great interest to the elections in Ukraine. We watched and envied you in a good way. Maybe you want to wish something to Belarusians?
- Time to wake up! You should solve your problems yourselves, and start making your own history. I think that Lukashenka should have been removed from power long ago, one way or another.
I would strongly like that Belarus changed its power. Look, in Ukraine, this is possible, and now the acting president will be in the opposition, and this is normal.