The Islach striker talks about why we should speak our own language.
Islach striker Mikalai Yanush told about his attitude towards the Belarusian language, by.tribuna.com reports.
- I respect people that they know their language. Africans speak all French, because they were a colony of France. But they know their own language. And we are Europe. We must speak our own language. There are so many interviews with visiting athletes who are surprised: "Why do you speak Russian?"
- When you dared to speak Belarusian in Instagram, then you had this inner barrier, which almost all Belarusians, who are afraid to be misunderstood, ridiculed, have.
- As Dziaruzhynski writes, at that time, when Masherau was there, he was pursuing the policy of the party. At that time a man came from the village and talked in Belarusian, and everyone poked him that he was a collective farmer. And now there's something left, in 2020. And it all began at that time, although the whole village was speaking Belarusian.
- So you had some sort of barrier?
- No. I have a rod inside, and it's holding me. I want people to realize that we are Belarusians, that we should be Belarusians," - Yanush said on the MelkazeRaw YouTube channel.