The daughter of the deceased accuses the authorities of lying.
On March 30, a patient of the Chyhunachny Hospital in Vitsebsk died of alleged ‘pneumonia’. The woman’s daughter says her coronavirus test was positive. The official media have not reported this so far.
The death of the woman has been confirmed to Belsat.eu by her daughter, who claims the coronavirus was found in her mother by the medical staff:
- My mother died here [the Vitsebsk Regional Clinical Specialized Center, or the Chyhunachny Hospital - edit.] of the coronavirus infection. It happened yesterday, at about 5 p.m. She spent two weeks here. It was either an unilateral or bilateral pneumonia. She had been breathing but then she stopped. They put her on a respiratory unit. Of course they took tests, and the virus (COVID-19) test came back positive, – says Natallia Chepik, the daughter of the deceased Aliaksandra Chepik.
Aliaksandra Chepik was retired, she didn’t leave the territory of Belarus. Her daughter Natallia was the first one to fall ill in the family. She didn’t visit foreign countries either, but caught cold and spent 5 days in bed with fever, after which she was hospitalized to the tuberculosis dispensary for 10 days.
– They [the doctors - edit.] said it was a virus. They sent smears to Minsk and the COVID-19 test was negative. Something like a cold. I developed a very unpleasant dry cough later on. Like, you are coughing, and the whole body jumps up because of such strong irritation. A very unpleasant feeling, - Natallia Chepik describes her symptoms.
At the same time, Natallia’s mother felt bad, but, according to the daughter, she wasn’t hospitalized right away.
– She stayed home, but when they were taking me to the hospital, she already had fever. I keep thinking - why didn’t she go to the hospital? You know, all our people prefer to stay positive, like, this does not concern us. And then it turns out…
As a result, the woman developed pneumonia, and she was put to the Chyhunachny Hospital in Vitsebsk. On March 30, Aliaksandra Chepik died.
– They said it was the coronavirus. They said “fragment” right from the start. I don’t know what the epidemiologist meant by this ‘fragment’, why he said so. But then I called here, to the hospital, and they said: what fragment? It’s the coronavirus! - Natallia Chepik says.
Natallia Chepik says that today they brought her mother's body to the regional mortuary, they will conduct post-mortem examination, and write a conclusion report. The woman is worried that they may conceal the fact of the coronavirus in the report, and so she wants to make this case public.
- Our authorities are lying, you should write the truth. I saw this false information, that everyone here recovers, on Euronews. I haven’t slept a wink for the whole night today, and the news feed was constantly on. And there was a line that everything is rosy in Belarus. They will give such a report that there will be no coronavirus mentioned, - Natallia is outraged.
Previously, the well-known blogger NEXTA reported that 22 people had died of pneumonia in Vitsebsk.