The deputy head of the Polish Ministry of National Defense revealed some new details about the attack.
In the Terespol region (Lublin Voivodeship), Belarusian special services fired at lighting masts installed by soldiers of the Polish army from pneumatic weapons, the Polish Ministry of National Defense reported. The department also showed photographs of the destroyed equipment, TVP reports.
“The provocations of the Belarusian special services are absolutely unacceptable,” said Polish Minister of National Defense Mariusz Blaszczak, referring to the information about the bombardment of lighting masts in the Terespol region from pneumatic weapons.
He added that the Defense Attaché of Belarus will be summoned to the Ministry of National Defense to give explanations on this incident.
Earlier this incident was reported by the Deputy Head of the Ministry of National Defense of Poland Wojciech Skurkiewicz during an interview with the PR24 TV channel.
“At night, our lighting masts were fired from the Belarusian side from pneumatic weapons,” he said. “The masts are destroyed.”
As he explained, there are such masts in some places on the border.
“These are special masts with generator sets that illuminate this border strip,” Skurkiewicz said.
W okolicach Terespola ostrzelane zostały maszty oświetleniowe ustawione przez żołnierzy Wojska Polskiego na granicy z Białorusią. Reflektory zostały zniszczone w wyniku strzałów z broni pneumatycznej. Ostrzału dokonano z terenu Białorusi. pic.twitter.com/TKQziMdbMn— Ministerstwo Obrony Narodowej 🇵🇱 (@MON_GOV_PL) December 1, 2021