Public sentiment has not changed since the summer of 2020.
In the next few months, demonstrative death sentences in political cases may be passed and carried out in Belarus, political analyst Dzmitry Balkunets writes on Telegram.
All these measures are deterrent, but not sufficient to strengthen the fascist dictatorship and keep the situation in the long term.
The worsening of the economic situation, the deprivation of statehood or the involvement of Belarus in the war will lead to another confrontation phase. The junta is considering the same scenario. The answer to any threats will be a new wave of terror against the society. The resettlement of the protest group to labour colonies in Belarus may be the most possible option.
But there are a few positives options:
1) the junta has little financial resources;
2) there are practically a few people in the dictator's circle capable of acting two steps ahead;
3) there are few devotees in the tyrant's circle;
4) the dictator has nothing to offer the society. The social contract is terminated.
5) the dictator and his eldest son are outcasts for life;
6) the public sentiment has not changed since the summer of 2020;
7) the dictator is getting old and has health problems.