The head of the Ministry of Internal Affairs admitted that he ordered to record a video.
Interior Minister Ihar Shunevich explained who came up with the idea to make a video of the teenager apologizing to the monument to a policeman in Minsk, tut.by informs.
– My idea, – so Ihar Shunevich answered to a journalist's question about who came up with the idea to make a video of the teenager apologizing to the monument.
– Why? – the journalist asked.
– Don't you think this is strange?
– No, if it was strange, I would not do it, I am a normal person.
Commenting on the video, the minister said:
– The guy made a right decision. By law, he was not responsible, he was morally responsible. The law was not applied to him, don't confuse Gogol with Hegel, – the minister advised journalists.
At the same time, the minister called reports, saying that the Interior Ministry’s press secretary Yauhen Yauchar was fired because of the video about a teenager and the monument, “another stupidity.”
– This is a fiction, he just retired.
Flashmobs at the monument to the city policeman in Minsk began after the video appeared, showing a teenager, who hit the monument's "face." The teenager was detained by the police, a report was made on him according to art. 17.1 of the Administrative Code (petty hooliganism). In addition, the police recorded on video how the guy was apologizing the Interior Ministry and the monument.
However, later the administrative case against 16-year-old Arseni was discontinued - the commission on juvenile affairs decided that the actions of the adolescent did not contain an offense.