Most of them had been involved in political trials.
5 judges have voluntarily quit their jobs.
It's worth noting that judges have to wait for Lukashenka's decree on appointments and dismissals to resign. There are five such people in decree No. 487 of December 24, 2020, the Belarus of the Brain telegram channel writes.
Here's who they are:
- Aliaksei Bychko, Minsk City Court (in the late 2000s, he sentenced to 15 days of jail Young Front activists, as well as entrepreneurs and politician Viktar Ivashkevich)
- Aliaksei Kisliak, Minsk Leninski District Court (was judging Mikalai Statkevich and Eduard Palchys, but did not send anybody to prison)
- Ivan Kastsian, Tsentralny District Court of Minsk (was judging Mikalai Kazlou, Zmitser Dashkevich, Nina Bahinskaya, Maksim Viniarski and sentenced Pavel Seviarynets to 15 days of jail)
- Tatsiana Trapashka, Zhodzina court (sentenced the demonstrators to 10 basic units and released from pre-trial detention. Her five-year contract started two months ago)
- Vital Yaniuk, Navapolatsk court (no information about his political trials)
Unfortunately, the judges' motivation is not publicly available.