18 January 2018, Thursday, 14:38

Emergency in Maladzechna: Ammonia leak, evacuation


A leak of ammonia happened at the meat processing factory in Maladzechna.

Today on 7 December around 11.30 a woman called to the editorial office of the Regional Newspaper and said that an unpleasant smell of ammonia was coming from the territory of the meat processing factory.

According to the head of the emergency department Viachaslau Gryn, a leak of the ammonia vapors happened from the equipment not in use.

Now rescuers are dealing with the consequences at the site of the incident.

The people who were at the enterprise were immediately evacuated. They started to evacuate even those who had their enterprises in the neighborhood. The witnesses report that the smell of ammonia could be felt at the enterprise, which caused cough and tears.

The street where the enterprise is located is closed for passing.