The repeated European champion and the medalist of world championship in the hurdles spoke about the role of the Belarusian language in her life.
– What place does Belarusian language take in your personal life?
– I have friends, acquaintances, with whom I communicate in Belarusian language in social networks, or live. This happens quite often, – Alina Talay said in an interview with Pressball.
– And what about literature?
– I read a lot of Belarusian books. Not long ago, last week, there was a presentation of a book by Viktar Martsinovich, which I have read through within one evening. I also reread some books by Karatkevich. Not every day I can settle down to a book, because the kind of my activity doesn’t allow it, but I try to devote time to reading.
– Does history captivate you the same way as the literature and language do?
– I am proud of the history of my country, but I am more fond of the literature. Howerev, I read, for example, history books and monographs.
– What are the tendencies of saving of the Belarusian language in our society?
– I think the dynamics is positive. Popularity of the Belarusian language will grow year by year.